Friday, September 3, 2010

The Kinda, Sorta, Not Really Pick-Up Line I Used on Matt Lanter


There's a woman out there who is probably as big of a Matt Lanter fan as I am, if not maybe bigger. Matt often replies to her, so out of curiosity I started randomly checking out her Twitter page. Thursday I checked it out since it was a special day and I saw that she was doing a contest giving away season 2 of 90210. To win you had to submit a pick up line you would use on Matt. She said she was going to try and get Matt to pick the winner. At first I wasn't going to do it, but figured "Why not." So I'm not going to lie, I thought about what I would post, I wanted to win regardless of who was reading them. I couldn't come up with anything good. Then for some reason I started thinking in a Star Wars frame of mind. I came up with the first one, but as I was typing it, I wasn't really feeling it. Then while I was staring at the screen a gnat landed on my screen and it just came to me; a new pick up line was born. "I'm attracted to you like a gnat to a lightsaber." I posted that line was was pretty darn satisfied with it. It was creative and funny; the two things I was aiming for. It also had the perfect cheese component that all pick-up lines must have. And completely nerdy, but it worked because it related to Matt's work.

The next day I checked Matt's Twitter page just because and this is the tweet I saw:

MattLanter: @LMWeatherford hahaha I love 17... 20 good too though!! I'll guess I'll go with 20 :)

Naturally, I was curious to see which ones were 17 and 20. I checked it out and to my surprise, #17 was my pick-up line. I checked the list a couple of times and just to make sure it was really mine that he liked and I wasn't seeing things. I was so shocked that it was even in the running; I didn't even care that I lost. Needless to say, it put a smile on my face just knowing that Matt laughed and said that he loved it. This is the closest I'll ever get to using that line, so I'll take what I can get :)

The other pick-up line I thought about using was:

I think The Force is pulling us together.

No comments:

Post a Comment